Application Process for Incoming Freshmen
Admission to the Honors College at East Carolina University is competitive and by invitation only. If you wish to be considered for admission into the Honors College or any of its programs for fall 2024, you must first meet our minimum eligibility criteria to receive an invitation to apply:
- Submit a completed application for undergraduate admission to East Carolina University by the deadline of October 20th. A completed application includes high school transcripts (and test scores if you opted to have them considered on your ECU admissions application). You may apply to ECU through CommonApp, CFNC or the ECU Navigator portal.
- Application fee waivers are available for those who qualify.
- High school transcripts and/or test scores (only if you selected to have test scores reviewed as part of your application) must be received by October 27.
- Meet the following minimum criteria within high school achievement categories:
- Minimum unweighted GPA of 3.7 and/or minimum weighted GPA of 4.0
- SAT & ACT scores will not be considered in the Honors College admissions process. Students who do not submit test scores will not be at a disadvantage in the Honors College admission process.
New this year: ECU is hosting a FREE application week September 25-29, 2023. Students can apply for FREE to ECU via ECU’s Navigator application or through Common App.
If you meet the above criteria, you will receive an invitation by mail within the ECU acceptance packet to complete the Honors College application online through ECUAWard. In addition, you will also receive a follow-up mailer with more detailed information about the Honors College a few days after receiving the ECU acceptance packet.
The deadline for submitting the completed Honors College application and all associated materials is December 4th, 2023.
Completing the Honors College application is not binding. If selected as part of the Honors College, you have until April 15, 2024 to enroll and make your decision.
Note: Are you a transfer student from a North Carolina community college? Click here for information on applying as a transfer.
*For more information about other transfer options, please email Director of Admissions Margaret Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to talk to a current student? Connect with our Honors College Ambassadors!
Honors College Ambassadors work on recruitment initiatives with Margaret Turner and are here to guide you on your admissions journey. They are eager to share their knowledge, insights and passions with prospective students.
Honors College Admissions Timeline for the Fall 2024 Entering Class
- August 2023: ECU undergraduate admissions application opens.
- October 20, 2023: ECU undergraduate admissions application deadline for Honors College eligibility. A completed ECU undergraduate admissions application must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on this date to be eligible to be invited to complete the Honors College online application. High school transcripts must be received by this deadline as well.
- December 4, 2023: Honors College application deadline for invited students. The Honors College application and all associated materials must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
- January 31, 2024: Targeted notification date for Honors College admission decisions and finalist decisions for Brinkley-Lane Scholars and Early Assurance Programs.
- February 18, 2024: Selection Sunday for finalists invited to compete for Brinkley-Lane Scholars.
- February 19, 2024: Early Assurance Monday for finalists invited to interview for Early Assurance Programs.
- March 7, 2024: Targeted notification date for all award decisions for Brinkley-Lane Scholars and Early Assurance Programs.
- TBD: Honors College Admitted Student Friday, an informational day for all students admitted to the Honors College
- TBD: Pirates Aboard Admitted Students Day (an informational session for Honors College students will take place during the day)
- April 15, 2024: Enrollment deposit deadline for students offered entrance to the Honors College and Special Programs.
- June 2024: Summer Orientation (required of incoming Honors students)